Cauliflower Is In Season!
Random Fact of the Week: Did you know?
That Cauliflower has a different types of variety in colours?
White- Which is the common use of Cauliflower get it home delivered
Orange- Contains 25% more Vitamin A than White Cauliflower, this is commonly found in Canada.
Green- Green cauliflower, of the B. oleracea botrytis group, is sometimes called broccoflower. It is available both with the normal curd shape and a variant spiky curd called Romanesco broccoli.
Purple- The purple colour in this cauliflower is caused by the presence of the antioxidant group anthocyanins, which can also be found in red cabbage and red wine.
In Great Britain and Southern Italy, a broccoli with tiny flower buds is sold as a vegetable under the name “Purple Cauliflower”. It is not the same as standard cauliflower with a purple curd.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Preparation: 30 minutes (serve 4-6)
2 and a 1/2 x tablespoons macadamia/or olive oil2x onions, finely chopped
3 inch piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 x cup cashew nuts
6 x carrots, peeled & coarsely chopped
Pinch cayenne pepper and salt
2 x teaspoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
1 x sweet potato, roughly chopped
1. Under cold running water, rinse the cashews and drain. Place in a bowl and pour over enough water to cover, then set aside and soak overnight. Drain well.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ginger and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is golden.
3. Add the cashews, carrots, sweetpotato and 6 cups of water. Bring to the boil, and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, for about 15 minutes, uncovered until the carrots and sweet potatoes are tender.
4. Stir in the cayenne pepper, then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
5. Transfer the soup to a blender and process, untils mooth. Return the soup to the pan over medium heat until heated through.
6. Serve topped with a coriander leaves, cracked pepper and toasted Turkish bread.
Need Cauliflower this week? Get it home delivered fromyour local Aussie Farmers