Delicious Dill Dip, Dare To Taste The Marvelous Masterpiece…
Dip is a great source of food to have, it can be used for either dipping your crackers, bread, or even using it as a spread…
Always wanted to try something new for dinner, or maybe just even a gourmand meal on a special night?
Dill Dip with Toasted Pita Bread… great for any occasion.
Preparation 20 – 30 minutes (serves 8 – 10)
1x 400ml Light Sour Cream
1x 375g mayonnasie
1x red onion, finely chopped
1x dill bunch, finely chopped
1x parsley bunch, finely chopped
1x tablespoon salt
1x large bread-cob
2x large pita bread
2x carrots, cut into stick
1x cucumber, cut into stick
1x capsicum, cut into thin slice
Spring onion for garnish
1. Separately chop red onion, dill and parsley extremely fine
2. Gently combine the sour cream and mayonnaise together in a large mixing bowl
3. Add the finely chopped red onion, dill and parsley into the mayonnaise and light sour cream mix.
4. Add a teaspoon of salt and mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
5. Allow the dip to chill in the fridge for 15 – 30 minutes
6. Cut out the top section of the cob and remove the bread to create the shell for the dip to go inside
7. Cut up pita bread however you life and grill in the oven until golden
8. Pour the dill dip into the hollow cob, garnish with spring onion and serve with toasted pita bread, carrot, cucumber and capsicum on the side